Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Waiting and waiting and waiting- in lines.




  Have you ever stood in line waiting? I avoid lines. There is a problem with that though- I like going places. But if you go places, there are always lines. Lines to take a seat, to park, to eat. Lines to buy a ticket, to watch a ball, no point in it all! Lines to hear a voice, a band, and there seems to be no choice! Consequently, I rarely go even if I'd like to. I hate lines.

  Even driving to these places I like to go to is a problem. It seems like the lines from point A to point B are longer all of the time! Who planned all of these lines? Was he a crazed lunatic? And the lines are even longer during the holidays. Such nonsense.

  Which makes it easy to go to church. There are never lines going to church. I can drive into the lot and park easily. I can go to my usual pew and sit there without a problem. And I have to admit, I don't mind waiting in line to go to communion, for there is comfort in that. That's the only line I don't hate. And when it's time to leave, the line goes out slowly. That line isn't a problem either. So, if you think about it, what are you waiting for? A line?


No comments:

Post a Comment