Sunday, October 23, 2016

Thought of the Day- Facebook?


  About a month ago or so, I got off of Facebook as a person. I'm there as an author, but I can't see that entity, because according to FB, I'm not real that way; I'm just an entity. (I'm going to post a blog on "entities" one of these day as well.) I wonder if I will ever go back?

  I had had enough of people. Don't get me wrong, some folks are downright nice, but others, well, if they could think they would be really dangerous. Not only that, but the great divide in our country is more evident there than anywhere else, except, perhaps, the streets of some of our larger cities like Ferguson and Baltimore. Those cities exhibit a lack of discernment in all manners, too.

  When I first got on FB, it wasn't that way. People got to know you and it was a happy place to be, especially when you ran into an old buddy. That's always cool. Or maybe you connect with a brother in the Lord from a place you used to live. That's nice, too. Keeping in touch with family is a plus, that is, if they really want to see your face that often. Sometimes, Thanksgiving and Christmas are too much for relatives. But, for the most part, in the beginning, FB was a cool place to be.

  Today, that's not the case. Setting politics aside, because that adds all kinds of stupidity to the equation, if I were Mark Zuckerberg, I wouldn't allow half the crap that's on there. In fact, I would only allow college students to participate, because we all know that they know everything. Just ask them yourselves. Anyone over 30 is too old. Anyone that is not in college is not smart enough. Anyone not cool, isn't cool.

  OR, how about this? We divide FB into categories by age. FB for kids- no one over 12. Then FB for Teens and no one over 19. Then 20's, 30's, 40's, etc. Of course, there could be subsets, like the groups there are now, but the ages would have to be strictly adhered to. I made this all up to prove a point and it is: How much more divided are we to become? Do we really want to? Do we really need one another? That's my thought of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment